cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mi Band 6 results on Zepp life (Amazfit) are different than Strava

mhoos
Mt. Kenya

Hello,

I've been running the past couple of months with my Mi Band 6 registering the running data. I synchronizes with the Zepp life app and this app synchronizes with Strava.

The problem is, the tempo analysis in both apps are different. I want to know what is closest to the truth?

Screenshot_2024-03-19-09-15-55-81_3bb53944894d9646ec5754b62cc2584b.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-19-09-16-19-94_d7d537cedd36783e7cb269073b6348cb.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @mhoos,
Thanks for the follow up. Some activities will have only one distance stream available. When a device does not write a distance stream into the file whatsoever, we would use the GPS data to calculate the distance by adding up the distance from GPS point to GPS point. We may do some smoothing to remove outlier GPS points - this includes inaccurate GPS points and data that is clearly inconsistent with the file. We are unable to manually adjust the distance recorded in this upload at this time. 

One thing to check for future activities is to ensure you are uploading the original .fit file from your device, ensuring your have a strong GPS signal prior to starting your recording, and keeping your device up to date with the latest firmware. 

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity. If you would like our team to take a look at a specific activity to see if this is available, please submit a support ticket and include the activity link and they can take a closer look for you. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mhoos
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. My Strava is in dutch and I can't find the "Distance (?)" (Afstand (?) in Dutch) anywhere.

Can you help me find it?

Hey @mhoos,
Thanks for the follow up. Some activities will have only one distance stream available. When a device does not write a distance stream into the file whatsoever, we would use the GPS data to calculate the distance by adding up the distance from GPS point to GPS point. We may do some smoothing to remove outlier GPS points - this includes inaccurate GPS points and data that is clearly inconsistent with the file. We are unable to manually adjust the distance recorded in this upload at this time. 

One thing to check for future activities is to ensure you are uploading the original .fit file from your device, ensuring your have a strong GPS signal prior to starting your recording, and keeping your device up to date with the latest firmware. 

For more information, see our article on How distance is calculated for your activity. If you would like our team to take a look at a specific activity to see if this is available, please submit a support ticket and include the activity link and they can take a closer look for you. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @mhoos
Thanks for your post and sorry for the inaccuracies. What's happened is that your file contains data points with time, but without GPS updates, and when we parse the data it looks like you're not moving at those points. This causes problems in how we calculate resting time, which results in inaccuracies in pace calculations and moving time as represented in different locations on the page. This may mean that your split times do not add up to your moving time. We hope to have a better way to process this data in the future but unfortunately there is nothing I can do at this time.

In the meantime, here are two suggestions that may give you a more realistic analysis:
1 - Swap your distance stream (if available):
This will remove the outlier points from the device recording and rely on the GPS data instead.

• Click on the link directly below your current distance listed on the Activity Details page, where it says "Distance(?)" in small letters.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

2 - Tag activity as a race:
This will force the activity to read the total elapsed time instead of the inaccurate moving time.

• Go to the edit screen for the activity in question
  • Mark the activity as a Race
  • Hit Save

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings