cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no audio

abebe
Mt. Kenya

Hi, 

I want an audio cue after every kilometer I walk. I already set via Record page - Audio Cues - Run Announcements it to kilometer and when I change it to half kilometer I hear a voice as example, but after record a walk, there's no audio cue. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @abebe 

Thanks for posting about audio announcements.  You mentioned you are recording walks.  Currently audio announcements on Strava only work when you record in run mode on the Strava App.  Can you give that a try and see if it works for you?

If you record in "run" mode, you can still change the activity type to "walk" as you're saving and uploading the activity.

Thanks again for posting and we hope to hear back from you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @abebe 

Thanks for posting about audio announcements.  You mentioned you are recording walks.  Currently audio announcements on Strava only work when you record in run mode on the Strava App.  Can you give that a try and see if it works for you?

If you record in "run" mode, you can still change the activity type to "walk" as you're saving and uploading the activity.

Thanks again for posting and we hope to hear back from you.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

It works thanks, but how do I change 'run' into 'walk' after uploading the activity.

Regards,

Abebe

Hello @abebe 

Thanks for getting back to us.  You can change the activity type after upload either on the Web or on the Mobile App.  

Web

• Log into your Strava account via www.strava.com and view the activity page that you wish to edit.
  • Click the Pencil icon on the left-hand side of the activity page.
  • Click on “Sport” to display the drop-down menu and select the correct activity type that should be listed.
  • Click “Save” when you are done.

Mobile

• You can make this change from the activity save screen before you finish and upload it.
  • If the activity is already saved to your account, open the activity you wish to edit. Tap the ellipses menu in the upper right-hand corner and select Edit Activity.
  • Click on the current sport type to display the scrolling menu. Search for and select the correct activity type. 
  • Save your changes once you're done.

For more information please see our article on changing activity types

Jane (she/her)