cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel Watch 2

SW17
Mt. Kenya

When I use Strava on my Pixel watch 2, even though the watch is set to be "always on", the screen goes black after about 3 seconds and I can only view my activity stats as I run, by pressing the crown of the watch, which then goes black again after 3 seconds.

How can I change this ? Are there watch settings within the app somewhere ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @SW17,
Thanks for your post. It seems as this is a working as designed feature with the Strava Wear OS watch app. Pixel does not allow our app access to the specific device settings that would allow the app to override current "Always on Settings" and the watch will turn off the display or put the watch overlay (depending on your specific settings) when it does not sense that the watch is being held up to be viewed. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @SW17,
Thanks for your post. It seems as this is a working as designed feature with the Strava Wear OS watch app. Pixel does not allow our app access to the specific device settings that would allow the app to override current "Always on Settings" and the watch will turn off the display or put the watch overlay (depending on your specific settings) when it does not sense that the watch is being held up to be viewed. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

I urge you to address this issue directly with Google. Many customers are now using Google Wear OS devices in a manner similar to Apple devices. Refusing to provide the necessary features for seamless integration is a disservice to your users. Please reopen this request and work towards a solution. It's far from resolved.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings