cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy 6 and Heart Rate Zone Alerts Disappeared

RMusk
Mt. Kenya

I've just attempted my second ever Zone 2 run which on a tech front was a bit of a fail. About 4 months ago i had tried the same zone 2 run and found the alerts when going out of zone 2 really useful. Today however I tried the same but for some reason was unable to set up the alerts to track from my Galaxy 6 watch, to my phone and buds.

I regularly synch workouts to my phone from my watch, but when starting to record a run, I press the heart and it doesnt show that the watch is available and therefore i cannot select a zone 2 session... or at least i'm fairly certain thats how it worked out last time.

If anyone has any tips or advice of what i need to do to be able to get the heart rate zone alerts back whilst on a run, it would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @RMusk
Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay. I spoke with our team and found that Samsung Devices cannot communicate directly to any other app. However, there are some apps in the Google Play store on your watch that may allow for the device to broadcast heart rate. If you are unable to find a way to broadcast heart rate from the watch, you will need to record your activities directly on the watch and sync them to Strava separately. I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @RMusk
Thanks for your post and sorry for the delay. I spoke with our team and found that Samsung Devices cannot communicate directly to any other app. However, there are some apps in the Google Play store on your watch that may allow for the device to broadcast heart rate. If you are unable to find a way to broadcast heart rate from the watch, you will need to record your activities directly on the watch and sync them to Strava separately. I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings