cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava Live Segments not Showing On Garmin Edge530

Xaviervdv
Mt. Kenya

Strava Live Segments are not showing up on my Garmin Edge 530. When I look at the course map, I see the segments highlighted in green. But I never get the segment notification.. However all segments were starred and are synced with my Garmin (they are in the segments list). 

How can I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Xaviervdv 

Thanks for posting about this and so sorry to hear the live segments aren't showing up.

Are you following a course/route when having this issue?  We are aware that when following a course on Garmin, Strava Live Segments will not be shown. We are working directly with Garmin on a solution moving forward and appreciate your patience.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rdhb
Shkhara

@Jane  This still doesn't appear to be working. From what I can tell, the only segments that will load on a Garmin when following a route imported from Strava are the ones that show up under the elevation graph when viewing the Route page in Strava. But this is a very limited and seemingly random collection of segments covered by the Route. For some of my routes only a small fraction of the segments along the route are shown, meaning I can't load many of the segments I would like to include. This is even the case if those segments are actually loaded on the Garmin and work fine when free-riding and not following a route. This is really frustrating and effectively makes it impossible to follow a route and use live segments at the same time on a Garmin. Route following and live segments are two of the core features for paying members of Strava. This really should be fixed asap.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello!

Thanks for everyone who has posted on this thread and I can confirm this is still an open issue.  However there is a workaround you try:

First, please confirm that the segments list is appearing below the elevation graph when you view the Route page in Strava. Please try un-starring and re-starring the Route and then re-sync it to your device.

We are working directly with Garmin on a solution moving forward and appreciate your patience.  I'll provide updates here when I have them.  

Jane (she/her)

Thank you, Jane. Do you mean un-star and re-star the segment or the route? Does anything need to be done on the garmin device?

Hello @zs 

You'll want to un-star and re-star the route in question, then re-sync Strava to your Garmin device.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Xaviervdv 

Thanks for posting about this and so sorry to hear the live segments aren't showing up.

Are you following a course/route when having this issue?  We are aware that when following a course on Garmin, Strava Live Segments will not be shown. We are working directly with Garmin on a solution moving forward and appreciate your patience.

Jane (she/her)

hello - is there an eta for this to work? It’s a key feature I like about Strava and why I am a premium subscriber. Thanks!

This is clearly a problem on the Garmin side. If the Garmin device knows every starred segment but doesn't show it I don't think Strava can do anything about that.

I just realised that this is a problem when following a Strava route on the Garmin device. Garmin expects that Strava incorporates the segments in the course and Strava doesn't do that anymore. So contrary to what I wrote the day before yesterday it's Stravas fault all along. Strava segments on Garmin without a loaded course work fine.

Yes, I know this. There are hundreds of similar concerned garmin/Strava users who share this same issue. Searches on the garmin forum, Reddit, elsewhere all yield the same result. No answer or explanation why it stopped working, or if it will ever again. 

Having a Strava course and segments on a garmin device arguably brings the best experience for the user.