Did you mean: 

Strava showing slower times than NRC

Adsketch
Mt. Kenya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Adsketch
Thank you for reaching out to Strava about your Nike Run Club activities and sorry for the differences you're seeing. Our team and Nike are aware of these small differences since both platforms will calculate averages for heart rate and cadence from the individual points in the file in slightly different ways. These data discrepancies are a result of differences in the way that Nike Run Club and Strava analyze the data in the activity file of your run.

We feel confident that we are accurately representing your data, but are always working on improving our calculations and appreciate your feedback. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Adsketch
Thank you for reaching out to Strava about your Nike Run Club activities and sorry for the differences you're seeing. Our team and Nike are aware of these small differences since both platforms will calculate averages for heart rate and cadence from the individual points in the file in slightly different ways. These data discrepancies are a result of differences in the way that Nike Run Club and Strava analyze the data in the activity file of your run.

We feel confident that we are accurately representing your data, but are always working on improving our calculations and appreciate your feedback. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

You are going to have to provide at least a little detail if you want someone to try to help you with whatever is going on.  What is NRC?  Is this regarding segments, average pace, total workout times, etc...?  Can you post an example of an activity where this happened?  Maybe it is one system (NRC) calculating times based on moving time while Strava is using elapsed time (includes pauses along the way)?  

Sorry must have deleted my original message.  
I’ve integrated Nike Run Club with Strava. Can only push one way (from Nike to Strava).      
Times are much slower on Strava, doesn’t seem to accurately reflect the data it receives from Nike. 

I'm not familiar with Nike Run Club, but can you tell if it is basing it's times on "moving time" rather than "elapsed time"?  If you have some time in the recorded file where you are not moving (say at the start, end, or maybe at an intersection or stopping to chat with a friend on the trail), then moving time and elapsed time will be different.  I believe Strava bases their calculations for pace on total elapsed time (so includes pauses along the way), which would be very different if compared to another system that only used moving time.  Again, I don't know what NRC uses, so just speculating.