cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jana_S
Elbrus

Whenever there’s a GPS inaccuracy and we need to recalculate the distance (typically a 5k race recorded as 4.98, or similar), we have to log into the Strava website, look up the activity there and use the feature “Correct Distance” from there. It’s not very straightforward, and many users don’t even know that this feature exists. Please make it available also in the app. 

7 Comments
Status changed to: Gathering Kudos
Jane
Moderator Moderator

​​Thanks for submitting your idea. It has been reviewed by our moderation team and is now open to voting.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Tiiiimmmmber
Mt. Kenya

I can't even find this feature on my desktop.  google says 3 dots to the left but I do not see that.

Jana_S
Elbrus

@Tiiiimmmmber when you open the particular activity, the “three dots” menu is on the left side:

IMG_0589.jpeg

MTB_Mike_G
Mt. Kenya

Great idea Jana. My bike computer logged a 16 mile ride the other day as 140 mile ride and said i had a max speed of 100 mph. Quite an impossible feat. I panicked and hid the visibility in my feed to just myself on the activity because I saw no way to fix this at the trailhead. When I got home and saw how easy it was in the web GUI I immediately thought the same thing, why does this not exist, then stumbled on your idea. Here is hoping it gains more traction. It would be super easy to implement.  -mike

gregoryhack
Mt. Kenya

I don't see "Correct Distance" on my desktop, is this only on the paid plans?  I have ran on two separate occasions where the distance Strava records is short by .5 miles.  This is on just a "short" 3-4 mile runs, not long distances.

Jana_S
Elbrus

@Gregory open any of your activities with recorded distance on the strava website, and the menu on the left should then look like on the screenshot I posted earlier in this thread. I’m not aware of it being available just for subscribers - I would think it’s not, but I don’t have a way to check (I myself am a subscriber). 

Lydiacroy
Mont Blanc

Thank you for providing me with this info! Its very frustrating, I tried everything in the app, I never would have known I need to use the desktop website! My 5.01KM run was uploaded as 4.99KM so Strava would not even calculate my new 5KM PR... Happy it works but it definitely needs to be added on the mobile version too!