Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10k per week for 12 weeks

danieljohansen
Mt. Kenya

Hi! I want to create a challenge.

10 km per week for 12 weeks period.

How can I create this? Based on below, I would assume the counter does not reset every week. 

As of now I've created:

Group Challenge --> Most Activity --> Distance --> Kilometers --> Run --> Start date + End date (12 weeks) --> Name & Description. 

Appreciate any input, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @danieljohansen 

Thanks for your post and we're happy to hear you're interested in setting up a Challenge.  There isn't a way to set up it up exactly as you've described, nor to have it recur weekly.

Group Challenges support the following challenge goal types:

• Most Activity: See who can log the most time, distance, elevation gain, or loss. You can set an optional goal, which establishes a milestone for the group to reach. The leaderboard ranks athletes by their overall activity.
  • Fastest Effort: Average pace across a specific distance via running, virtual running, or wheelchair. Setting a race distance gives athletes in your challenge a guide on how far they should go. This is the distance all efforts will be measured over and the leaderboard will rank runners by their average pace.
  • Longest Single Activity: Single activity recording of your longest distance across any sport that supports distance. The leaderboard ranks athletes by who has recorded the activity with the most distance.
  • Group Goal: Chase a goal as a group. Choose between a time, distance, elevation gain, or elevation loss goal, and all activities will count towards the single goal. There is no leaderboard, but you can see how you’re contributing to the group effort.

Based on what you've described, your best option might be to choose the "longest single activity" type of Challenge,  The caveats are that you need to set up a separate Challenge for each of the 12 weeks, and you can't specify a distance.  However you will see a leaderboard that will show the longest run of each Challenge participant for that week.

More information on setting up Challenges

I hope that's helpful.  Let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @danieljohansen 

Thanks for your post and we're happy to hear you're interested in setting up a Challenge.  There isn't a way to set up it up exactly as you've described, nor to have it recur weekly.

Group Challenges support the following challenge goal types:

• Most Activity: See who can log the most time, distance, elevation gain, or loss. You can set an optional goal, which establishes a milestone for the group to reach. The leaderboard ranks athletes by their overall activity.
  • Fastest Effort: Average pace across a specific distance via running, virtual running, or wheelchair. Setting a race distance gives athletes in your challenge a guide on how far they should go. This is the distance all efforts will be measured over and the leaderboard will rank runners by their average pace.
  • Longest Single Activity: Single activity recording of your longest distance across any sport that supports distance. The leaderboard ranks athletes by who has recorded the activity with the most distance.
  • Group Goal: Chase a goal as a group. Choose between a time, distance, elevation gain, or elevation loss goal, and all activities will count towards the single goal. There is no leaderboard, but you can see how you’re contributing to the group effort.

Based on what you've described, your best option might be to choose the "longest single activity" type of Challenge,  The caveats are that you need to set up a separate Challenge for each of the 12 weeks, and you can't specify a distance.  However you will see a leaderboard that will show the longest run of each Challenge participant for that week.

More information on setting up Challenges

I hope that's helpful.  Let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings