cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best efforts

jmellenthin
Mt. Kenya

I'm sure the new feature called best efforts is helpful to many users.  However, I am a para-athlete and am unable to run.  That being the case, I have no information showing in best efforts despite the fact that I workout with my handcycle 5-6 days a week.

Is there any way to change what category the best efforts displays.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jmellenthin 

Thanks for posting about this.  As you're pointed out, best efforts are currently for running only.   A way to track progress for cycling is to use Strava segments (for GPS based rides).   My favorite way to analyze my performance is to check the "My Results" filter on a segment after I've completed a ride.  That filter will show you a list of your efforts on that particular segment, ordered with the fastest at the top in descending order.   If you're recording other data, for example heart rate and/or power, you'll be able to see that as well:

MyResults.png

I hope that's helpful - let us know if you have any more questions or comments.   

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @jmellenthin 

Thanks for posting about this.  As you're pointed out, best efforts are currently for running only.   A way to track progress for cycling is to use Strava segments (for GPS based rides).   My favorite way to analyze my performance is to check the "My Results" filter on a segment after I've completed a ride.  That filter will show you a list of your efforts on that particular segment, ordered with the fastest at the top in descending order.   If you're recording other data, for example heart rate and/or power, you'll be able to see that as well:

MyResults.png

I hope that's helpful - let us know if you have any more questions or comments.   

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team