cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug report: Route planner shows overly broad current location

t0027783
Mt. Kenya

If your location is determined by IP address alone, then the accuracy will be poor. The Route Planner shows a blue blob over a huge region which cannot be removed.

I can remove permission for Location in Chrome which fixes it, but it's not intuitive and it would be nice to fix this.

t0027783_0-1714462164973.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @t0027783
Thanks for your post, I haven't seen this before. Please try clearing the cache and cookies from the web browser you are using before navigating back to Strava.com and logging back into your account. 

Instructions on how to clear the cache and cookies for various web browsers are listed below:

Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox [cache instructions | cookie instructions]
Apple Safari
Microsoft Edge

If you still have issues after doing the above, please try using a different browser. 

If the above suggestions do not resolve the issue, please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @t0027783
Thanks for your post, I haven't seen this before. Please try clearing the cache and cookies from the web browser you are using before navigating back to Strava.com and logging back into your account. 

Instructions on how to clear the cache and cookies for various web browsers are listed below:

Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox [cache instructions | cookie instructions]
Apple Safari
Microsoft Edge

If you still have issues after doing the above, please try using a different browser. 

If the above suggestions do not resolve the issue, please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team