cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global heatmap mobile app is always showing all types of activities

royniels
Shkhara

When I am on my phone (android) I would like to change the types of activities it uses. For example it shows walking as well as cycling, which is annoying, because I am on a bike and as a result sometimes end up in places that are only for walking. Can I change this in the mobile app, like I can on the website? I can do it for my personal heatmaps, but not for the global one...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @royniels 

Thanks for posting!  You can change the types of activity types shown in your personal heatmaps, but the Global heatmap will show all activity types, and it's not possible to change that on the Mobile App.  I hope that answers your question; let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @royniels 

Thanks for posting!  You can change the types of activity types shown in your personal heatmaps, but the Global heatmap will show all activity types, and it's not possible to change that on the Mobile App.  I hope that answers your question; let us know if you have further questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Jane, is there any plans to change that? As the OP states, it is wildly misleading to look at the map on the app while you are out in the world and have it show all activities. This makes avoiding hiking-only trails on a bike very difficult. Thanks!