cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miles in achievements even if metric has been set as defaults

Tor
Shkhara

Hi,

In achievements:  where users get medals and personal bests etc. There are still miles (1/2 miles, 1 mile, 2 miles) even if users have "Metric" selected as the default in the settings.

Now, users who selected metrics should not be forced to see miles anywhere in the app and vice versa.

World standards for running are as follows:

400 meters. 800 meters. 1500 meters. 3000 meters etc. (100m and 200m for sprint)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Tor 

Thanks for posting about this.  Regardless of your account settings, we show the following benchmark distances for best efforts:

400m, 800m, 1K, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5K, 10K, 15K, 10 miles, 20K, half marathon, 30K, marathon, and 50k

Click here for more information on best efforts using the Strava Mobile App

I hope that information is helpful, and please let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Jan_Mantau
Denali

These achievements in miles are just additionally to the achievments in metric units and they give us some more splits for getting best times so I don't mind them and even like them. I wouldn't really believe someone feels like "being forced" to see them.

"beeing forced" was a metaphor.

I forgot to mention that my question was more based upon people running track in a stadium, by olympic/world standards. (800, 1500, 3000) 

But anyway...I see thats not going to happend, so never mind. Have a nice day!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Tor 

Apologies for any confusion.  It's not possible to change or customize those benchmark distances that are shown for running best efforts on your Strava account.

Jane (she/her)

Jane,

Strava is a great app buy the way👍

"by"

You mention 800 meters as a benchmark in your answer above. Rochelle Garcia also refer to 800 in her description... I guess that one has been removed then...and replaced with 1/2 mile??

Fair enough. It is allmost the same. 

(forgot to mention that my question was more based upon track running in a stadium)

Anyways, it is what it is. Never mind.

Have a nice day!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Tor 

Thanks for posting about this.  Regardless of your account settings, we show the following benchmark distances for best efforts:

400m, 800m, 1K, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5K, 10K, 15K, 10 miles, 20K, half marathon, 30K, marathon, and 50k

Click here for more information on best efforts using the Strava Mobile App

I hope that information is helpful, and please let us know if you have more questions.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane,

I'm sorry, but can you please have a look at the picture below, and please advise me how to change the miles I now have, into meters? (in achievements and efforts) 800m. 1500m. 3000m.

Strava Efforts.png

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings