cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment creation and editing

dnonixon
Mt. Kenya

My understanding for segments is that you have to ride the segment yourself and use only your GPS track to create the segment.  Due to multiple variations in GPS tracking devices, it would be nice to be able to edit the track to reflect the majority of users route, or to accurately match an existing trail.   I'm a trail builder as well as an administrator for adding trails in certain regions and would like to be able to create the segment as close to the trail as possible and not be dependent on my single GPS tracking as it is often off.  To this effect I would also like to be able to create segments on trails similar to creating a Route without actually using a recorded GPS track.  I would assume with the STrava database of Topography and mapping that it should be able to give an accurate reflection of elevation changes, etc. 

Secondly, it would be nice to be able to show a listing of all segments in a given area in tabular format and exportable into csv/excel/ etc..

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Helllo @dnonixon 

Thanks for posting about segments.   Segments are one of Strava's most beloved features, and we value input on making them even better.  If you're interested in finding some of the history behind how Strava's segments were invented, check out this article.  

I suggest you post your suggestions to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your ideas. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.  Also, please submit a separate idea post for each idea.  In this case, the  segment listing/export you mention should be contributed separately.

Thank you again for taking the time to contribute, and let me know if you have any questions about this process.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Helllo @dnonixon 

Thanks for posting about segments.   Segments are one of Strava's most beloved features, and we value input on making them even better.  If you're interested in finding some of the history behind how Strava's segments were invented, check out this article.  

I suggest you post your suggestions to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your ideas. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.  Also, please submit a separate idea post for each idea.  In this case, the  segment listing/export you mention should be contributed separately.

Thank you again for taking the time to contribute, and let me know if you have any questions about this process.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team