cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment Search Functionality

Samd90
Mt. Kenya

Does anyone else have difficulty searching for specific segments? I am working on doing a segment challenge for my local running club and I am finding it very difficult to filter and search for specific segments. 
Right now there are 334 pages of segments that I have to sort through…it is extremely frustrating. The only search criteria that is included does not allow me to hone in on a specific type of route or specific location. Everything is very general and requires a lot of scrolling.

If this doesn’t already exist, has Strava considered adding filters to the search criteria? I am a paid customer and would like to search by distance and specified location (think boundary similar to what Zillow has in its search feature). Currently I can only search based on location- which only includes segment name or a specified city/ there needs to be an option to refine this to a smaller area. I’d also like to sort based on distance of the run, type of run (one way, out and back, loop). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Samd90 

Thanks for your feedback on segment search.  We do have an existing idea submission that is currently open to voting (click the kudos button) and we would welcome your comments and idea on that that existing thread.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

GogglesPizano
Mt. Kenya

Yup it is terrible.  I can be zoomed in on map to a popular segment I know on map and it still wont show up in search….pretty much a useless function

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Samd90 

Thanks for your feedback on segment search.  We do have an existing idea submission that is currently open to voting (click the kudos button) and we would welcome your comments and idea on that that existing thread.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

Yeah, the segment search "feature" has always been terrible.  I have no idea how it comes up with the results it finds.  I have literally copied and pasted the exact name of segments into the search field and it never finds it, but will bring up segments from around the world that are totally unrelated in any way.  When I have a need to keep track of a specific segment, I find it in an activity that I have done and go to the segment from that and create a bookmark for the segment so I can go back later.  I have a folder in my bookmarks list just for segments.