cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Challenge not recognising my run

Johno
Mt. Kenya

Hi folks, I ran a 5K this morning but the 'September 5K x Brooks' challenge isn't updated to show I have ran. Does it take a while to update or is there something I am missing?

Screenshot_20230930_144112_Strava.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

anchskier
Denali

Did you run what your device measured as exactly 5k or did you go a bit further?  Often, you need to make sure to go more than the target distance to ensure that you get credit for the target distance. What is displayed on the device is often rounded up, so if it says 3.1 miles, you may have actually only run 3.05 which wouldn't give you credit once loaded in Strava.  I always make sure to go at least a full tenth past if I am on the line, usually further.  

View solution in original post

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Johno

Thanks for your post. As @anchskier noted, you may be just short of a 5K. We do recommend running slightly farther than your target distance to account for any GPS abnormalities. 

You can also try switching your distance stream if you would like to compute your distance from GPS data rather than the distance stream recorded by your device.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

If you have a additional questions please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Johno

Thanks for your post. As @anchskier noted, you may be just short of a 5K. We do recommend running slightly farther than your target distance to account for any GPS abnormalities. 

You can also try switching your distance stream if you would like to compute your distance from GPS data rather than the distance stream recorded by your device.

To swap your distance stream:

• Go to your activity page on the website (this feature is currently not accessible in our mobile apps)
  • From the activity page click on (◦◦◦) the more options menu > Correct Distance.
  • From the pop-up, click "Correct Distance".
  • When the status changes from "Calculating" to "Updated," refresh the page.

If you would like to revert the change, you can click the same link and click "Revert Distance".

If you have a additional questions please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

anchskier
Denali

Did you run what your device measured as exactly 5k or did you go a bit further?  Often, you need to make sure to go more than the target distance to ensure that you get credit for the target distance. What is displayed on the device is often rounded up, so if it says 3.1 miles, you may have actually only run 3.05 which wouldn't give you credit once loaded in Strava.  I always make sure to go at least a full tenth past if I am on the line, usually further.  

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings