cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing email

Crewie
Shkhara

Hi, I need to change my email address as I am changing provider.

Every time I try, I get this message.

"Access to this account is temporarily suspended. Please try again later."

Why would my account access be suspended ?

Can you help ?

Crewie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Crewie,
Thanks for your post. Strava has limits in place to prevent unauthorized changes to athlete accounts. 

It appears that during the process of attempting to change the email address on your Strava account, you provided the wrong password enough times to encounter a limit. While I am unable to lift the limit you have run into, you should be able to change your email address after 24 hours. We’re continuing to evaluate our rate limits and I will relay this information to the appropriate team. If you continue to have issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

tojstr
Shkhara

How do I change my Email on the Community Hub or is it SSO with the main platform? Should Community Hub replies by other community members to my prior posts with my 'old' email - arrive in my new email?

Messier
Mt. Kenya

I had the same error message this morning and tonight 

I did enter password correctly both times, yet my account gets temporarily suspended 🤷‍♂️

Hey @Messier
Thanks for your post and sorry for any trouble. I took a look and see your support ticket (#2830341) has been updated and the issue has been resolved. If you need further assistance regarding your account, please respond directly to the support ticket. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Crewie,
Thanks for your post. Strava has limits in place to prevent unauthorized changes to athlete accounts. 

It appears that during the process of attempting to change the email address on your Strava account, you provided the wrong password enough times to encounter a limit. While I am unable to lift the limit you have run into, you should be able to change your email address after 24 hours. We’re continuing to evaluate our rate limits and I will relay this information to the appropriate team. If you continue to have issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

@Scout wrote:

Hi @Crewie,

It appears that during the process of attempting to change the email address on your Strava account, you provided the wrong password enough times to encounter a limit. While I am unable to lift the limit you have run into, you should be able to change your email address after 24 hours. We’re continuing to evaluate our rate limits and I will relay this information to the appropriate team. If you continue to have issues, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

How can we submit a support ticket?

Hey @mncraftmod
The link in my post is to our help page outlining how to Contact Strava Support. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I have great sympathy for Crewie. I recently changed my email address and had a really difficult time reconnecting wit Strava, As it is, I am am now shown as a member since April 2024 instead of sometime in 2017.  Unfortunately Strava seems to have designed a system which cannot accept email address changes without a lot of hassle. Email addresses change. So adapt accordingly.

Hi, I was recently changing my email on strava but even after entering all the details correctly, it was showing that strava server has encountered an error, everytime I try to change my email it shows me this

Hey @Kartik
Thanks for your post. I'm not seeing any current limits on your account. If you are still having issues,  please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings