cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Strava routes/segments for turbo training

AndyB
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

is it possible to download a Strava bone ride and re-ride it on my turbo. (WattBike Atom). 
thinking it could be good to train / familiarise for sportives… I’d love to download the rosedale chimney segment (Yorkshire climb in the UK) and ride/train at home for example. 

thanks

andy 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

@AndyB I think that would be more of a question for the people at WattBike.  Some virtual trainers/programs have the ability to import ride data to create ride profiles but I have no idea about that one.  If you open the Strava activity you want to base it on on a desktop computer, you can click on the three dots on the left and you will see the option to export (download) either the .gpx or .fit file from that ride.  Those files have all of the data that should be needed by the 3rd party trainer programs, so it is just a matter of whether those programs have the functionality to create a course from it.  Seems like they would since I was able to do that a long time ago with the original Computrainer program that had a lot less functionality than what is out there today, but that just a guess.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

samwilson11
Mt. Kenya

Hi Andy,

Did you ever get to the bottom of whether on not this is possible? I am in the exact same boat (trying to ride a Strava course on a WattBike Atom... and cant see any easy explanations of how this might be done online

anchskier
Denali

@AndyB I think that would be more of a question for the people at WattBike.  Some virtual trainers/programs have the ability to import ride data to create ride profiles but I have no idea about that one.  If you open the Strava activity you want to base it on on a desktop computer, you can click on the three dots on the left and you will see the option to export (download) either the .gpx or .fit file from that ride.  Those files have all of the data that should be needed by the 3rd party trainer programs, so it is just a matter of whether those programs have the functionality to create a course from it.  Seems like they would since I was able to do that a long time ago with the original Computrainer program that had a lot less functionality than what is out there today, but that just a guess.

Thankyou ! Yes, that does make sense - I’ll have a poke around the WattBike forums and try a few things 👍

AndyB
Mt. Kenya

*bike ride not bone ride 😆