cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

e-Bike watts

Vinnyard
Mt. Kenya

I was wondering if anyone knows how Strava calculates 'watts' for an e-bike ride?

Technically, the e-bike knows how much assist it is adding, but I do not know if it exports that data, or if Strava can access the data.

My typical analog bike ride is about 150watts average, and the same trail (albeit 30% shorter time) is about 200 watts when on the e-bike. So, yes, I can assume I am getting a 50 watt booster from the e-bike over the ride. Was just wondering how Strava handles this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Strava estimates the Watts you and the motor combined produce by incorporating your weight, your bike weight, the bike type, gradients and speed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Strava estimates the Watts you and the motor combined produce by incorporating your weight, your bike weight, the bike type, gradients and speed.

Sort of what I assumed. So in essence, it estimates the system wattage, whether pure analog or an e-bike, the same. So Strava really doesn't care that you're on an e-bike, or should say it doesn't take the e-bike into consideration in calculating watts.