cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From the PNW, enjoys long walks on short beaches

AndyMonsters
Mt. Kenya

Hi all, I joined Strava in the past year and enjoying it so far. It's great to see inline skating on the list, though the way it calculates calories burned seems a bit of a under estimate.  That aside. I've been trying to best my PR on a local climb and I noticed the top times seem to either be counted by those going down hill or if they're going up it certainly isn't without using a EV bike.  Is there a way to tag the direction of person and separate them into their own category if they're defending vs ascending.  Also allowing users to potentially flag if they suspect the leader on the board is using a EV bike?

Excited to join the community 

-Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hi Andy, thanks for introducing yourself, we're happy to have you join the Community with the unique perspective of an inline skater. It's a bit difficult to deduce what's happening on this climb you mentioned without a link to the segment, but segment efforts shouldn't match if they're going in the opposite direction because we use GPS points to match someone's activity to the segment. You could submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further. 

Regarding flagging:
We rely greatly on our community of athletes to monitor the integrity of our leaderboards. Therefore, there is a way for you to address a bad KOM/QOM/CR but you will need to log into your account via the website to do so.

Please follow these steps to flag an activity:

1. Determine whether the activity really should be flagged. Please read our guidelines for the appropriate use of the flag tool.

2. Go to the segment page where you see the inaccurate segment time displayed.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the date (link) of the activity you wish to flag.

4. Once the activity in question has loaded, click the More Options icon (three dots) over to the left side of the activity page.

5. Select Flag from the menu that appears.

6. Select the appropriate reason for flagging the activity from the list - and please leave us as much detail as possible in the comments box - this will help us quickly and accurately resolve the problem.

Once you've flagged the ride or run, the athlete's times will be removed from the segment leaderboards for that activity. Once an activity has been flagged twice, the athlete in question will have to have the activity reviewed by Strava Support.

For more information see our article on how to remove an activity from the segment leaderboards. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Soren
Denali

Hi Andy, thanks for introducing yourself, we're happy to have you join the Community with the unique perspective of an inline skater. It's a bit difficult to deduce what's happening on this climb you mentioned without a link to the segment, but segment efforts shouldn't match if they're going in the opposite direction because we use GPS points to match someone's activity to the segment. You could submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further. 

Regarding flagging:
We rely greatly on our community of athletes to monitor the integrity of our leaderboards. Therefore, there is a way for you to address a bad KOM/QOM/CR but you will need to log into your account via the website to do so.

Please follow these steps to flag an activity:

1. Determine whether the activity really should be flagged. Please read our guidelines for the appropriate use of the flag tool.

2. Go to the segment page where you see the inaccurate segment time displayed.

3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the date (link) of the activity you wish to flag.

4. Once the activity in question has loaded, click the More Options icon (three dots) over to the left side of the activity page.

5. Select Flag from the menu that appears.

6. Select the appropriate reason for flagging the activity from the list - and please leave us as much detail as possible in the comments box - this will help us quickly and accurately resolve the problem.

Once you've flagged the ride or run, the athlete's times will be removed from the segment leaderboards for that activity. Once an activity has been flagged twice, the athlete in question will have to have the activity reviewed by Strava Support.

For more information see our article on how to remove an activity from the segment leaderboards. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings