cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone here competed in the Hyrox fitness competitions?

Shant
Mount Logan

How was your experience?

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete
Next race: LA Marathon (3/17/24)
4 REPLIES 4

Shant
Mount Logan

Hi @Jane 

Thanks for reply! I am thinking about it. I follow one of the Hyrox champions Hunter McIntyre. He's on Strava too! 

It is fun and similar to CrossFit Games. I think rep and time-based fitness challenges are great. I wish Strava could track and share the reps in strength training. Garmin tracks reps and I use it when pushing myself to see how long it takes me to complete Murph challenge

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete

Well, keep us posted!  It's something I would consider if they ever offer a min/sprint version of the full event.  I've always really enjoyed working out with sleds - burpee broad jumps, not so much.  😁

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Sleds are the best! I will let you know if I sign up or if I see they offer a sprint version. 

With friends we create our own fitness competitions at the track and it's really fun. 

Shant Hagopian
Attorney & Athlete

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Shant 

I had not heard of Hyrox so was just reading about it:  https://hyrox.com/the-fitness-race/

Very interesting!  Looks like it would have some overlap with something like CrossFit Games, but more emphasis on running, and with a clearly defined set of functional moves that you would know in advance and could train for.  

Are you thinking of doing one of these?  Looks like there's one coming to your part of the country in May.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings