cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi from colorful Colorado! Here's how Strava has helped me.

eric
Elbrus

Hey everyone, I'm Eric from Colorado. I've been using Strava since 2013 and it has been an integral part of my athletic life. 

These are the areas where I feel I've benefited the most...

1) Motivation. This tool has been a huge motivator in my training. Keeping track of PRs, chasing KOMs, improving on previous attempts. Segments motivate me a whole lot more than doing "intervals".

2) Inspiration. I've found great ideas of places to ride, run, and activities to try by seeing what other people are doing. I can go anywhere in the world and find cool places instantly, or find places in my own area that I didn't know about. 

3) Creative outlet. In addition to being a training log where I can write and journal about my daily activities, I enjoy posting pictures from those activities. As an artist that doesn't do art for a living, I often don't find much time for art. Strava gives me a platform to find and share something beautiful every day (even though it's "just" a snap from my iphone), keeping my creative eye sharp. 

IMG_E6349 copy.jpg

po7WFdghXEQO4muESPn6xiIMJLsdhqLbBXx_1bMGf4o-2048x1536.jpg

IMG_E5374.JPG

IMG_E7656.JPG

IMG_E5930.JPG

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013
5 REPLIES 5

Soren
Denali

I insist, and have to echo everyone else here: these photos are stunning🙌

The three areas you shared that you've benefitted the most from have come full circle, because I'm certain this post is going to inspire many others (myself included) to get out there and be active!

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi Eric.  Thanks so much for sharing those beautiful photos.  They made me want to get on a plane and go to Colorado right now!  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Padge
Pico de Orizaba

Those images are epic! Where is the first one, the one with the wooden bridge (with no hand rails!!) Thank you for sharing.

Thanks @Padge ! That is Rollins Pass in Colorado. Some ride up it on gravel bikes, but I highly recommend MTB because its very steep and chunky. I'd love to see you ride it on your SS though, that would be truly epic. 

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013

Padge
Pico de Orizaba

Yeah, right, on my single speed!! 😂 Well, if I ever get over there I'll give it a go but at 62 I reckon I'll need to change the gearing on it! 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings