cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi from Minnesota!

Busterbird
Mt. Kenya

Hi there everyone. I can't believe I've been using Strava since 2011 and I never joined the Community till now!

I live in Minnesota and participate in a number of endurance sports. For cycling categories, I do fat tire (studded tires for fear free winter riding!), road (time trials, structured workouts, fun rides), gravel, and dabble in cyclocross. Trail running, road running, and I started racewalking in August 2023. First racewalking meet on December 10! I also do strength training and love Kelly Starrett's mobility activities. 

I loathe doing endurance work indoors, so I cycle, run, and racewalk outside no matter the weather. It can be a challenge when it's -10 degrees F or lower, but with the right gear (including an Airtrim mask), I get it done. 🥳🥶☃

1 REPLY 1

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @Busterbird
Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Hub, we're happy to have you here! Winter activities look a lot different in Minnesota than it does here in California. Fat tire has become a popular request on our ideas board; you can take a look at it here and show your support by adding your kudos. We also have a recent post on Cyclocross you can check out here. If you have any additional tips and tricks, please be sure to add your comments to the post. 

We look forward to seeing your contributions to the community; and good luck on your upcoming racewalk!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings