cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In App time wrong but online correct

HarryH
Mt. Kenya

I ran a 5k in 23 mins 12 seconds with my Garmin watch recording. It uploaded to Strava and all seemed fine.

Then, the App changed the time to 38 mins 39 seconds but the website version remained at 23 mins 12.

Not sure why this has happened. Any ideas on how to fix this for future runs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @HarryH 

Thanks for your post. I'm wondering if the discrepancy you're noticing is due to comparing moving time versus elapsed time. For run activities, we show both.  Also, If a run activity is tagged as a race, we will use elapsed time (and speed/pace based on elapsed time) as all stops count as part of your race time.

You can find out more about how when we show moving time vs. elapsed time on activities at this link.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @HarryH 

Thanks for your post. I'm wondering if the discrepancy you're noticing is due to comparing moving time versus elapsed time. For run activities, we show both.  Also, If a run activity is tagged as a race, we will use elapsed time (and speed/pace based on elapsed time) as all stops count as part of your race time.

You can find out more about how when we show moving time vs. elapsed time on activities at this link.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings