cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mileage update for bikes prior to using Strava.

FrankZ
Mt. Kenya

I've been using Strava for a few years and entered all of my bikes.  Most of them were prior to using Strava so the mileage log starts from that date.  Is there any way to update that with the total mileage ridden prior to the Strava start date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @FrankZ
Thanks for your post. You can only add mileage to your gear if the mileage on that gear is recorded on Strava. You can't manually set the gear mileage. Therefore, if your activities for your gear are on Strava then you can go to the My Activities page and edit your previous activities to set the correct gear for those activities.

However, for activities not on Strava, it is not currently possible to add that mileage to your bike or running shoes. The only way to accomplish this will be to create a manual activity assigned to that Gear item to account for its pre-Strava mileage.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @FrankZ
Thanks for your post. You can only add mileage to your gear if the mileage on that gear is recorded on Strava. You can't manually set the gear mileage. Therefore, if your activities for your gear are on Strava then you can go to the My Activities page and edit your previous activities to set the correct gear for those activities.

However, for activities not on Strava, it is not currently possible to add that mileage to your bike or running shoes. The only way to accomplish this will be to create a manual activity assigned to that Gear item to account for its pre-Strava mileage.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I've edited a previous activity to include my bike and the milage did not update like you claim.

Is this a bug?

Could I get support for this?

Hey @OMGDOG,
Thanks for your post. Please submit a support ticket and our team can take a closer look at your account and see what's going on. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

I just didn't wait long enough. Everything has updated correctly and this works perfectly!

I went and looked up Strava's API documentation and wrote a little script that's updating all my old rides with my current bike.

That's pretty awesome Strava has API access ngl. Great company and app!

Anyone who wants this please get in contact with me and I can upload the code to github.

Thanks again Scout!

Thanks Scout! Folks should be aware that the length and duration of manually added activities are limited to 998.99 miles and 98 hours. It can take adding a few activities to synchronize the mileage of an older bike. It would be great to have the ability to add beginning mileage to gear and see some updates to the gear functionality. I'd love to be able to track wheels and tires independently of bikes, as I often move both around and swap tires depending on the purpose of a ride and season. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings