cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Introduction

Adam1
Mt. Kenya

I have a query. I have been using Zwift to get fit for mots of this year and I must say Strava does an excellent job of keeping tabs on my activity. However on Saturday I did a road route recorded on my Garmin bike computer. It is uploaded on Strava but does not appear in my activities calendar. Can someone tell me why that is? I would appreciate it as the route was quite strenuous and I wouldn't like the effort to go to waste? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Adam1 

Welcome to the Strava Community Hub!  Great to have you here.

There's a couple of potential reasons you might not see an activity in your activities feed or calendar.  

1) Check the activity on Strava and take a look at the elapsed time.  Is it unusually long?   Garmin devices occasionally upload activities with erroneous time stamps that can give them an elapsed time of many hours/days.  This will prevent the activity from appearing in your activity feed where you expect.

2) Is it possible you've created a duplicate Strava account?  You mention you use both Garmin and Zwift.  Are you sure you have them both syncing to the same Strava account?  If you think multiple Strava accounts might be the problem, please submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to help you sort this out.

I've also included links to some articles you may find interesting or helpful:

Getting The Most out of your Garmin Device on Strava

Zwift and the Quest to Maintain Sanity while Riding Inside

Let us know if you have any more questions and thanks again for being here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Adam1 

Welcome to the Strava Community Hub!  Great to have you here.

There's a couple of potential reasons you might not see an activity in your activities feed or calendar.  

1) Check the activity on Strava and take a look at the elapsed time.  Is it unusually long?   Garmin devices occasionally upload activities with erroneous time stamps that can give them an elapsed time of many hours/days.  This will prevent the activity from appearing in your activity feed where you expect.

2) Is it possible you've created a duplicate Strava account?  You mention you use both Garmin and Zwift.  Are you sure you have them both syncing to the same Strava account?  If you think multiple Strava accounts might be the problem, please submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to help you sort this out.

I've also included links to some articles you may find interesting or helpful:

Getting The Most out of your Garmin Device on Strava

Zwift and the Quest to Maintain Sanity while Riding Inside

Let us know if you have any more questions and thanks again for being here.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings