cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

segment question

willardv
Mt. Kenya

Hi folks;

I'm doing route planning for a charity gran fondo in Ontario Canada.  We're wondering about the idea of including a Strava segment on two of the routes.  We would do prizing for the KOM, QOM and perhaps fastest seniors participating in our event.

I have a paid subscription to Strava - so I use segments a bit and have a few favourited for use on my wahoo, etc., but my question is - would ALL Strava users receive times on the identified segments on that day or ONLY the paid subscribers?

Would I see segment times for free strava members even if they cannot see themselves?

Idea would be that we would visit the segment pages on the website after the event and see who had the fastest time - award a prize - include this in wrap up ceremonies.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

All strava users will get times showning up in the segment leaderboards.  It should work, but keep in mind that it will include people who may not be part of your event as well, so you may have to sift through those. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

anchskier
Denali

All strava users will get times showning up in the segment leaderboards.  It should work, but keep in mind that it will include people who may not be part of your event as well, so you may have to sift through those.