cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Site crashes when mentioning telegram chat link in comments..

JbalColgate
Pico de Orizaba

Hi!

When I invite athlete to join our telegram chat and post a link to our telegram group (example removed for privacy) IN THE COMMENTS of his activity, strava crashes and request me to change the password

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @JbalColgate
Thanks for your post. We're going to send this over to our Support team so they can further investigate. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JbalColgate
Pico de Orizaba

@JbalColgate wrote:

Hi!

When I invite athlete to join our telegram chat and post a link to our telegram group (example removed for privacy) IN THE COMMENTS of his activity, strava crashes and request me to change the password

Robin (Help Center)

Feb 2, 2024, 10:22 AM MST

Hello Aleхei,

Thanks for writing in.  To protect against spam abuse, we do not allow shortened links to be used in activity descriptions.  When this happens, our spam detector will automatically log you out and require you to create a new password to reaccess your account.

I advise against using those links in your description again to avoid being blocked.

Best,
Robin

Hello Victoria,

I did not use shortened links in activity descriptions,  these are links to telegram chat, not URL shorteners like bit.ly for example..

These are not shortened links, these a full length links to Telegram MTB chat, in my case its https://t.me/USAMTB

Perhaps your "smart" filter assumes it a URL shortener, but its not..

As far as comments- what is the limit per day for comments?

Alex

JbalColgate
Pico de Orizaba

Hi,

I just added a link to our mountain bike chat in Telegram ( https://t.me/USAMTB  ) to my profile page and right away website kicked me out and I got email saying: 

How is that even possible that #1 messenger in the world would cause this issue with Strava??
Same thing happens in comments as well!

Dear Strava User

We’ve detected potential unauthorized access to your Strava account. In order to safeguard your account security, please  

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @JbalColgate
Thanks for your post. We're going to send this over to our Support team so they can further investigate. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

you told me that last week, issue has not been corrected

Again today... Same thing

Dear Strava User

We’ve detected potential unauthorized access to your Strava account. In order to safeguard your account security, please reset your Strava password and review and update your settings and preferences.

If we suspect that someone with unauthorized access has created content on your account, such as suspicious follows or posts, we may remove that content.

If you used this password on other sites, we recommend that you change those as well. It's a good idea to create unique, strong passwords.

At Strava, your security is very important to us and we appreciate your immediate attention to this issue. If you have questions about how to reset your password, please contact our support team.

In order to access your mobile account after resetting your password, you must log out from the Strava mobile app then log back in again.

Strava

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings