cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuesday Chat with Team Strava featuring NOMNOMS!

Scout
Moderator Moderator

NOMNOMS defined: 

1. the sounds one makes when eating something incredibly tasty 

2. the unofficial dog mascot of Strava

3. A delicious taste of a food product or drink.

Let's take a closer look at #2. Nomnoms became part of the Strava family in early 2021 when his human, Patrick joined Strava.

Scout_0-1675799554636.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 2.56.35 PM.png

EARLY LIFE:

Nomnoms was born in 2015 and was the runt of the litter. He found his forever home when he was 8 months old and was adopted into Patrick's home. From the beginning, Patrick would outfit Nomnoms with a bandana to give him different looks. He now has over 50 bandanas that he graciously shares with Patrick. Nomnoms also owns a number of outfits ensuring he is ready for any occasion!

HOBBIES: 

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 2.55.42 PM.png

As his name suggests, one of Nomnoms favorite activities is eating, he enjoyalmost all foods. He will always go to where the food is at and follow anyone that has some.

Nomnoms also enjoys going on runs, hikes AND bike rides with his human. Pugs generally do not enjoy these activities, however, Nomnoms is no ordinary pug! Also, he doesn't do the actual running, hiking or biking, he is pushed or carried for these activities!

Scout_3-1675799554628.png

Patrick has a dog stroller that is outfitted with Nomnoms bed and he tries to run on flat surfaces to ensure Nomnoms has a smooth ride. When hiking, Patrick uses a doggy carrier strapped to his chest. And for biking, Nomnoms is carried in a backpack specially made for dogs. Since Nomnoms spends most his days living close to ground level, he really enjoys these activities where he can see the world from a higher vantage point!

FAVORITE STRAVA FEATURE:

Nomnoms' favorite feature on Strava is the video support on the feed. He loves being a star and doing tricks on camera comes so naturally that he wants it all to be documented! Nomnom aspires to be a running influencer since he knows that folks love to see him being pushed by his human around town. If you want to add your own videos to your activities, you can find more info about this feature here

NOMNOMS AT STRAVA:

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 9.31.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-02-06 at 9.31.08 AM.pngSince his human has joined Strava, Nomnoms has been a fixture in the office,at events and even in our internal communications. The images here in this section are some of the personalized emojis that Nomnoms has. 

He has enjoyed numerous pets, treats and compliments from the folks at Strava. One of Nomnoms' Strava highlights is being pushed by our CEO, Michael Horvath during a team run. 

STRAVA & PETS

If you enjoy uploading activities with your pet, we’d love to hear about it. Drop us a reply to this post and introduce yourself and your pet (photos are highly encouraged)!   

You may also want to consider joining one of our clubs and connect with other like minded folks. Here are some clubs for those with canine companions to checkout: 

Dogs love Strava too!

Canicross Runners with DogFit 

Purina Pro Plan

If you would like to connect with Strava pet owners in your area, consider starting your own club. You can find out more here. Or if you have an existing club, post your URL in the comments. 

To meet more dogs at Strava, click here

DISCLAIMER: While many of us enjoy having our pets come along on our Strava activities, please note that only humans are permitted to open Strava accounts.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

4 REPLIES 4

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

Go Nomnoms!  Great article - next, we need a 'Cats of Strava' article... while dogs like to be outside doing the hiking/biking/running... the cats are indoors, supervising the humans that are doing the work at Strava I'm sure.

Yes, I agree! 😺

We'll get working on that and hope to get that up in the next few weeks. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Geode
Strava
Strava

I need to know! What is the brand/style of the doggie backpack? I have a 16lb terrier that I would love to take with me on rides. 

Geode

Hey Geode!

When I ride on a bicycle, I used to put him in this type of bag! https://www.k9sportsack.com/
It's very easy to use and he loves being in it 😄 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings