cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

Virtual cycling mileage not included in Club leader board.

Gaahadarthur
Mt. Kenya

Hello friends , Usually After I finished virtual cycling via Rouvy app.It wil automatically upload to my Strava and it will count my virtual cycling distance to my club leader board.

But after January 2024 I got a problem ,after finished activity It count distance in my personal distance not my Club leader board ,so I have to manually upload .FIT file to my strava and chose "Ride" instead of "Virtual ride" 

And I tried to disconnect strava from Rouvy and Re-connect. But a problem still existed.

What should I do?

Thanks a lot 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our support team: Any activity that includes data using Rouvy's settings such as reduced gradients or boosts will have segments automatically excluded. This is the intended functionality in accordance with Rouvy and our own leaderboard system.

Apologies for any confusion.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 all!
To provide further context; Strava and our virtual partners have made some changes to address virtual activities that have boosted data to remove these efforts from virtual segment leaderboards. At this time any activity from a virtual partner that contains any boosted data will automatically push a tag to Strava along with your activity so that we can remove these boosted activities from virtual segment leaderboards due to the unfair advantage that it provides.

At this time this tag only tells us if your activity contains that data and we are not given any information regarding which portions of your activity specifically were boosted, so we flag the entire ride to ensure that no boosted data is included in segment leaderboards. Unfortunately, these flags on your activities will also remove these efforts from challenge and club leaderboards, just like a traditional partial flag. You can learn more about how partial flags and excluded efforts work here: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061896712-Excluded-Segment-Efforts

If you want to ensure that your future virtual rides from Rouvy do not contain any boosted data then you will want to make sure that your Reality Level is set to 100%. You can read more about this Rouvy setting here: https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018656037-Time-trial-vs-Just-ride#h_01GQMHAY0GE6XCCNP...

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding these recent changes, and we hope to continue making improvements to the feature with our virtual partners in the coming months. If you would like to provide any specific feedback regarding your experience or the feature, please leave a comment below. We are currently compiling this information to share with our team and our virtual partners so we can find the best way to support athletes recording virtual activities while keeping our virtual segment leaderboards fair.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

danhedonia
Mt. Kenya

Escalation doesn't really matter - what is happening is Strava disagrees with customer wishes, and is pushing back.  I'd say the communication feels, at best, disrespectful in that it simply explains, rather than recognizes alternative points of view.

I have followed the instructions above, and it's still not showing.  This should be addressed by developers and product management, not support IMO.  

TLDR: Strava support seems unable to recognize that there are disagreements about auto-flagging.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 all!
To provide further context; Strava and our virtual partners have made some changes to address virtual activities that have boosted data to remove these efforts from virtual segment leaderboards. At this time any activity from a virtual partner that contains any boosted data will automatically push a tag to Strava along with your activity so that we can remove these boosted activities from virtual segment leaderboards due to the unfair advantage that it provides.

At this time this tag only tells us if your activity contains that data and we are not given any information regarding which portions of your activity specifically were boosted, so we flag the entire ride to ensure that no boosted data is included in segment leaderboards. Unfortunately, these flags on your activities will also remove these efforts from challenge and club leaderboards, just like a traditional partial flag. You can learn more about how partial flags and excluded efforts work here: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061896712-Excluded-Segment-Efforts

If you want to ensure that your future virtual rides from Rouvy do not contain any boosted data then you will want to make sure that your Reality Level is set to 100%. You can read more about this Rouvy setting here: https://support.rouvy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018656037-Time-trial-vs-Just-ride#h_01GQMHAY0GE6XCCNP...

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding these recent changes, and we hope to continue making improvements to the feature with our virtual partners in the coming months. If you would like to provide any specific feedback regarding your experience or the feature, please leave a comment below. We are currently compiling this information to share with our team and our virtual partners so we can find the best way to support athletes recording virtual activities while keeping our virtual segment leaderboards fair.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

danhedonia
Mt. Kenya

Instead of "patiently explaining why not," Strava ought to respect user feedback and correct a bug.

Skramstad
Mt. Kenya

Just FYI, had a similar issue the past few weeks.   Turns out the problem I had with Rouvy syncing to Strava club leader board was that I had the “auto-pause” feature turned off within Rouvy.    Switched it back on and everything syncs up again as before.   Hope this helps.    

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Update from our support team: Any activity that includes data using Rouvy's settings such as reduced gradients or boosts will have segments automatically excluded. This is the intended functionality in accordance with Rouvy and our own leaderboard system.

Apologies for any confusion.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

yoeddy0420
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem.  I was doing group rides and not sure if that was tied to it.  yesterday I did a quick little test where I did a non group ride, just ride now on one of the routes and it uploaded and counted the 1 minute in my club's leader board.  I have also noticed that the segments aren't being included.  I did Alp D'Huez on Sunday and wanted to see how that compared to other times I had done it virually but it said it was autoflagged or whatever and not being included in my segements.  This was another group ride, so it seems maybe related to that.  i will attempt to do a longer individual ride to see how that shows up for me.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

This post has been escalated to our Support team. If you have a similar question please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Jane (she/her)