cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do about unsafe behaviour ?

Ian
Elbrus

A new user has appeared in my area in the last few weeks.  They have recorded quite a few activities, mostly as Mountain Bike Rides, and almost all have been flagged due to infeasible high speeds.  The speeds have been high enough to be dangerous to other road users - such as 60 mph on a street with a limit of 30 mph and today it was over 100 mph (for about a mile on a flat road) where the speed limit is 70 mph.  I worry that Strava might be used by people boasting about the high speeds they can achieve with motor bikes or cars.  Simply flagging such activities doesn't seem to be enough - can Strava do something to stop this reckless and dangerous behaviour ? I think I saw somewhere that Strava would remove accounts showing inappropriate behaviour, but I don't know how this works in practice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

@Ian - I have had success with using the Strava Support and submitting a request (bottom center of this page: Strava Support) for reporting profiles when they are continually violating the rules.  I know a few different accounts that were suspended or shut down after my reports.  These were for people who just seemed to record all of their drives every day.  I would suggest reporting the profile through that means and it might get dealt with.  Takes a little time, but it has worked for me.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

anchskier
Denali

@Ian - I have had success with using the Strava Support and submitting a request (bottom center of this page: Strava Support) for reporting profiles when they are continually violating the rules.  I know a few different accounts that were suspended or shut down after my reports.  These were for people who just seemed to record all of their drives every day.  I would suggest reporting the profile through that means and it might get dealt with.  Takes a little time, but it has worked for me.  

Sounds good - I'll give it a try

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings