cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisdom Wednesday - January 3rd 2024

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Welcome back to Wisdom Wednesday! Every other Wednesday we'll drop a question in the Community Hub. You then have 9 days (that's until the following Friday) to showcase your Strava knowledge and answer the question.

Question: How do I use Strava Beacon?

image (26).png

Remember to submit your answer in the comments by January 12th. The winner will be randomly selected from the correct answers to win a free one-month Strava subscription! 🙌 

The lucky winner will be announced on January 17th.

Already a Strava Subscriber? You'll get a free month added to the end of your Subscription period.

Click here to subscribe to this series and ensure you don't miss any future posts:  Wisdom Wednesdays

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

5 REPLIES 5

JbalColgate
Pico de Orizaba

I dont use it because its useless in Mountains and drains battery

Kimberly22
Strava
Strava

Thank you to those who participated. Congrats to Nitishyadav, the winner of this round of Wisdom Wednesday!

To find out more about using Strava Beacon, check out the links below:

Strava Beacon instructions

Beacon Blog article 

Kimberly22 (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

StefanGheata
Mt. Kenya

1. On home page click on record an activity button.

2. When you are on record an activity page you can see beacon between heart rate and music. Click on it.

3. Once you click on that you will be redirected to Beacon page. You can turn it on and you can select contacts with the people you want to share your live location during an activity.

4. In case you've initiated the task but neglected to transmit the beacon, simply access the gear icon located at the upper-right corner. From the menu options, choose the beacon option and proceed to follow the previously outlined steps once more.

5. Upon completion, Strava will prompt you with the inquiry, "Ready to use beacon." Respond affirmatively, and it will redirect you to the messaging app, providing a live location link. From there, you can dispatch it to your chosen contacts. Strava allows you to designate up to three contacts for beacon.

I am sorry if my grammar isn't perfect, my main language isn't english.

I didn't put any images because i don't have permission to do it.

I hope the steps are helpful.

Happy New Year!!!

Nitishyadav
Shkhara

Here are steps to use strava Beacon.

On home page click on record button, Once you are on activity page you can see beacon as an option. In between heart rate and music.

Screenshot_2024-01-04-12-40-27-60_3bb53944894d9646ec5754b62cc2584b.jpg

Once you click on that you will be redirected to Beacon page. You can turn it on and you can select contacts with whom you want to share live location during the activity.

IMG_20240104_122622.jpg

On other hand If you have already started the activity and forgot to send the beacon, you can click on gear button on top right and then select beacon from options and then you can repeat the process mentioned above.

IMG_20240104_124735.jpg

Once done Strava will promt you asking "Ready to use beacon" you can select yes then it will take you to messaging app with live location link. You cab send it to your selected contracts . STRAVA let you select upto 3 contacts for beacon.

Happy New year 🎉

I am using this Beacon feature sharing it with my mum as I am usually cycling or swimming, so when I am out, I turn this on and my mum knows what's happening. 😇 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings