cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloding stream via strava api the first approx 1 minute og the track is missing

stigbarrett
Mt. Kenya

I am aorking on an app. When I downlad a activity stream for an athlete, the first part of the route is missing . How can I avoid that??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What scopes did you request/grant when doing the oauth flow? If you only have activity:read the data from Strava will have privacy zones applied which would explain missing data at the start. You need activity:read_all to get the full data stream.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

stigbarrett
Mt. Kenya

I have been trying a couple of other tracks. The problem seems to be the same af all. It varies from 40 to 75 missing points in the start og the stream and nearly the same in the end. I have tried both resulotion "high" and no resolution.
It is import for me all the points are there. It will be used in a time registration app, where, among other things, it must be verified that the runner has passed the starting point.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Maybe their GPS didn't work at first. It's not an API problem.

I have the original GPX track. It is my own track I am using for testing purpose. The Strava stream missing 71 points at the start. The “time” stream start at second 71. The Garmin Watch setup to taking points every second.

What scopes did you request/grant when doing the oauth flow? If you only have activity:read the data from Strava will have privacy zones applied which would explain missing data at the start. You need activity:read_all to get the full data stream.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings