I created an application that creates 3D animations based on Strava activity. I wanted to effectively show those activities that take place in mountainous terrain, e.g. mountain biliking or hiking.
Created animations can be shared on social media. Sample video: https://youtube.com/shorts/RnOG_VV2rb0?feature=share
I would love to have your feedback on the application so I can make it even better for everyone. 🙏🏻
- share button doesn’t work on some platforms (Firefox, chrome on macOS; It should work on mobile devices)
- moving speed is dependent on screen refresh rate
- activity visualizations from flat terrain are not attractive
- visualizations of activity from outside Europe are generated significantly longer (my way of obtaining altitudes is optimized for Europe, it will be improved soon for the USA)
- zoom level should be adjusted according to activity size
More information here: https://paintmove.com
App demo video: https://paintmove.com/opt_paintmove-www-v5.mp4
Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!