cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Internal Server Error" when doing upload

ilja_booij_join
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

I'm trying to upload activities to Strava. I've made sure the user I'm doing it with has the right permissions (`activity:write`). When I perform the uploaded, using a gzipped tcx file as content, I get a 500 Internal Server from the Strava API.

The body just contains:

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.

Has anybody seen this before (and been able to fix it)?

Cheers,

Ilja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I know now the solution. The user have to grant access to "health data" in the Strava-Settings under "Data access". Else you can upload files with heart rate data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PhilippHofmann
Shkhara

I had the same problem with one user also today. Did you found explanation or even a solution for this error?

No, it mostly works and then sometimes it doesn't. Best to retry if you get this error.

I think I know now the solution. The user have to grant access to "health data" in the Strava-Settings under "Data access". Else you can upload files with heart rate data.

ibooij
Pico de Orizaba

Well, there's a change now, instead of the NGINX HTML page that says "Internal server error" I now get a JSON object with the same message, without any other information. Not really helpful and pretty frustrating.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings