cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting activities after token refresh

stereadman
Mt. Kenya

Hello Everyone,

To preface this, i am very new to working with APIs so have been trying to follow multiple tutorials...Im sure this topic has been discussed before, but i cannot find my situation and am hoping someone can help me...

So...
I have followed the instructions on authorization Iincluding using the correct read_all in the scope that trips a lot of people up.
I am able to exchange the code for an access token, and the retrieve all of my activities - no problems - Great stuff!
I save the token to a json file, opening and checking the expiry each time i make a new call.
The problem arises 6 hours later - i need to use the refresh token to get a new access token - which i (seemingly) do without issue, i make the request and recieve back the new access token (and update my saved json file)- but i can no longer retrieve all of my activites.

Am i doing something wrong? do i need to include something when requesting my new access token? Ive been searching round google for about a week and havent found a solution - it doesnt help that i cant check if it failed for 6 hours after i get it to work!

Would love any thoughts or feedback!
Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

crm86
Shkhara

The API doesn't actually seem to refresh an access token until after the access token expires. So attempting to refresh before expiry will return them same access token.