cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to upload media files to activities using their ID?

Swaz
Mt. Kenya

Hey fellow Strava enthusiasts!

I've been an avid user of Strava for quite some time now, and I must say, it's an incredible platform for tracking and sharing my athletic endeavors. Recently, I've been exploring the capabilities of the Strava API and wondering if it's currently possible to upload media files, such as images or videos, to an activity using its ID.

I haven't been able to find any specific information or documentation regarding this capability in the Strava API. I was wondering maybe it's possible even if it's not documented as its the case for getting pictures of an activity [https://www.strava.com/api/v3/activities/{id}/photos?size=X]. That's why I'm turning to the Strava community and API developers for insights. If any of you have experience with the Strava API or know whether it's currently possible to upload media files to activities using their ID (or something else), I would greatly appreciate your input.

Additionally, if this functionality doesn't exist yet, I'd love to understand the reasons behind it. Regardless, it would be valuable to hear from the developers or anyone with relevant knowledge about the potential challenges or plans for implementing such a feature in the future.

Looking forward to your insights and suggestions!

2 REPLIES 2

diego_dotta
Mt. Kenya

+1

harnettmatt
Mt. Kenya

I have not been able to find a way to do this. Would love to know the answer to this question too...