cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modify visibility

aagaag
Mt. Kenya

I have written a python script to modify the visibility of all my recorded activities from "only_me" to "everyone". The script works and the return from the api indicates that the update was performed successfully. However in reality the privacy flag is not changed. Is that a limitation of the api?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ActivityFix
Kilimanjaro

You cannot change privacy on activities since roughly 2018 (I think? It's been a while...). The same goes for map visibility and deleting activities. You probably got a success code since I believe the endpoint ignores any parameters which aren't allowed rather than flagging them as an error.

View solution in original post

aagaag
Mt. Kenya

Thank you all for your responses. I am disappointed that the api only allows for such limited interactions. But I am grateful that you explained that to me, so that I won't waste more time trying to make it work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

aagaag
Mt. Kenya

Thank you all for your responses. I am disappointed that the api only allows for such limited interactions. But I am grateful that you explained that to me, so that I won't waste more time trying to make it work.

ActivityFix
Kilimanjaro

You cannot change privacy on activities since roughly 2018 (I think? It's been a while...). The same goes for map visibility and deleting activities. You probably got a success code since I believe the endpoint ignores any parameters which aren't allowed rather than flagging them as an error.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

I'm surprised the API gave you a success code because  https://developers.strava.com/docs/reference/#api-models-UpdatableActivity states there is no key to change the visibility.