cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about STRAVA API Program Submission Timing

pradipta_salt
Mt. Kenya

Hey fellow Strava enthusiasts,

Hope you're all doing great! I've been working on this awesome app that's going to integrate with Strava using the Strava API. I've been diving into the API documentation and it's been a blast. 🚴‍♂️

I've got a quick question for those of you who might have experience with this: I stumbled upon the STRAVA API PROGRAM SUBMISSION FORM, and it's got me wondering whether I should fill it out before launching my app on the Play Store or after. Here's the link to the form: https://share.hsforms.com/1VXSwPUYqSH6IxK0y51FjHwcnkd8.

Also, I'm thinking, if I should fill it out after launching the app, how do you think I should handle my users during the review process? I mean, they wouldn't be able to enjoy the Strava API goodness while it's under review, right? Any insights on how to manage this without causing too much disruption would be super appreciated.

I'm all ears for any advice or stories from those of you who have been through this process. Let's share our knowledge and make the Strava app ecosystem even more awesome!

Thanks a bunch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! 

You're welcome to submit before or after you launch your app on the play store. We always recommend reviewing our API Agreement and Brand Guidelines in advance of any launch to be sure you're in compliance with our terms 🙂

If you submit in advance of the submission deadline (March 2024) then there would be no interruption to your users while your app is under review. If you have any additional questions you can always reach out to developers@strava.com.

Thanks!  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! 

You're welcome to submit before or after you launch your app on the play store. We always recommend reviewing our API Agreement and Brand Guidelines in advance of any launch to be sure you're in compliance with our terms 🙂

If you submit in advance of the submission deadline (March 2024) then there would be no interruption to your users while your app is under review. If you have any additional questions you can always reach out to developers@strava.com.

Thanks!