cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about STRAVA endpoints

damygoes
Mt. Kenya

Is there any endpoint to delete an authenticated user's saved routes or routes in general? I've searched through the documentation but found only GET endpoints.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

As far as I am aware Strava does not allow API access to anything which could change a user's data (the actual data, not stuff like title/description/etc...). This means you can't delete anything, nor can you change privacy, map visibility, correct distance/elevation, crop/trim, or anything else which would change the activity data. The same applies to routes -- you can get data about the route and export it, but you can't create/modify/delete routes.

The only exceptions I know of are you can update a user's weight and FTP setting via the API.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

As far as I am aware Strava does not allow API access to anything which could change a user's data (the actual data, not stuff like title/description/etc...). This means you can't delete anything, nor can you change privacy, map visibility, correct distance/elevation, crop/trim, or anything else which would change the activity data. The same applies to routes -- you can get data about the route and export it, but you can't create/modify/delete routes.

The only exceptions I know of are you can update a user's weight and FTP setting via the API.

Thank you very much for the clarification.