cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava API: Virtual Rides Not Included When Listing Activities

fakeemail
Mt. Kenya

I am working on a React application and am using the Strava API to retrieve an athlete's activities. It is working successfully except for some reason it isn't returning Virtual Rides.

I have been testing it by manually creating Virtual Rides on strava.com, but these rides are never being returned by the API call. The Virtual Rides I have been creating have their visibility set to "Everyone", so I don't believe it's a privacy issue.

Again, the API call is returning normal Rides just fine; it's just not including Virtual Rides. Why not?

Here's a code snippet:

"return axios.get(`https://www.strava.com/api/v3/athlete/activities?access_token=${user.access_token}`,
{
headers: {
Accept: "application/json",
Authorization"Bearer " + user.access_token,
},
}
);"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, 

If you would like to reach out to developers@strava.com and provide some additional context we can take a look for you. Ideally the ID of the athlete who you're experiencing this for, your app's client ID, and the activity IDs in question not being returned. 

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, 

If you would like to reach out to developers@strava.com and provide some additional context we can take a look for you. Ideally the ID of the athlete who you're experiencing this for, your app's client ID, and the activity IDs in question not being returned. 

Thanks!