cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava app doesn't show step count

nquanghien
Mt. Kenya

Hello, I would like to ask why my Strava app is not displaying my steps count, while my friend's Strava app is showing it. Can someone please help me with this? Thank you.strava-1.jpgstrava-2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @nquanghien

Thanks for your post. Walk activities recorded with Strava mobile app and Apple Watch app will include steps. Hike activities recorded with the Strava Android app and Apple Watch app will include steps but, at this time, hikes recorded with the iOS app will not. If you sync your walk/hike activities from Apple Health, you’ll need to ensure you’ve allowed Strava to read step data by following these steps:

From the Strava mobile app: Settings > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > Toggle Steps on
From your phone settings: Health > Data Access & Devices > Strava > Toggle Steps on

You can find more info here. I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @nquanghien

Thanks for your post. Walk activities recorded with Strava mobile app and Apple Watch app will include steps. Hike activities recorded with the Strava Android app and Apple Watch app will include steps but, at this time, hikes recorded with the iOS app will not. If you sync your walk/hike activities from Apple Health, you’ll need to ensure you’ve allowed Strava to read step data by following these steps:

From the Strava mobile app: Settings > Applications, Services, and Devices > Health > Toggle Steps on
From your phone settings: Health > Data Access & Devices > Strava > Toggle Steps on

You can find more info here. I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

While I too have the same problem I am not able to navigate to this :

Please help!!

I'm also unable to see these settings with Android phone. 

Me too, the same problem