cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trail Data

RoyChege
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on a project that involves analyzing activity patterns on outdoor recreational paths. I'm seeking to access anonymized, aggregated geospatial data that could provide insights into usage patterns, such as peak times, flow of movement, and user demographics.

I'm interested in exploring whether the Strava API could support this type of analysis, specifically looking into the volume of trail usage and general movement trends. If anyone has experience with the Strava API or a similar data source for these purposes, I'd appreciate your insights on the feasibility and any best practices you might recommend.

Additionally, if there are suggestions for other APIs or open data sources that could serve this use case, please do share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jan_Mantau
Denali

The Strava API won't help you here, you would only get data from athletes that subscribe to an app you have to create.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

cem8301
Shkhara

I have also wondered this. Depending on your project/ budget there are ways to buy mobile phone data. I thought the work Center for New Data was doing was interesting.

Jan_Mantau
Denali

The Strava API won't help you here, you would only get data from athletes that subscribe to an app you have to create.