cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webhook question

woodmicha
Mt. Kenya

I had a situation where my APi webhooks were failing due to an expired certificate.  Unfortunately I was unable to fix it while I was away from my home due to some security measures I've implemented within the cloud.  

My question is do the webhooks stop sending to the endpoints after so many errors and if so how to get them working again?

Thanks for any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

For each webhook event, if your server does not respond with status code 200 within 2 seconds, Strava will retry 2 more times (3 total) -- I am not sure what the interval on those retries is. After 3 failed attempts you will not receive a webhook event for that specific activity again. However, I don't think there is anything which will stop sending webhooks completely unless you unsubscribe. You should still receive webhooks for all new events.

See https://developers.strava.com/docs/webhooks/. Specifically

The subscription callback endpoint must acknowledge the POST of each new event with a status code of 200 OK within two seconds. Event pushes are retried (up to a total of three attempts) if a 200 is not returned. If your application needs to do more processing of the received information, it should do so asynchronously.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

ActivityFix
Superuser
Superuser

For each webhook event, if your server does not respond with status code 200 within 2 seconds, Strava will retry 2 more times (3 total) -- I am not sure what the interval on those retries is. After 3 failed attempts you will not receive a webhook event for that specific activity again. However, I don't think there is anything which will stop sending webhooks completely unless you unsubscribe. You should still receive webhooks for all new events.

See https://developers.strava.com/docs/webhooks/. Specifically

The subscription callback endpoint must acknowledge the POST of each new event with a status code of 200 OK within two seconds. Event pushes are retried (up to a total of three attempts) if a 200 is not returned. If your application needs to do more processing of the received information, it should do so asynchronously.
Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings