cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who can I contact about data requests for academic research into building a running training model

ddrew
Mt. Kenya

I am a post-grad student, studying for a Masters in Data Science.

I am working on a project using machine learning tools to analyse individuals' historical training and race fit / gpx / tcx data, and to identify successful training patterns and strategies.

This analysis would then be used to build and train a model to enable any runner to create their own training program, entirely personalised to their running history.

At the moment, I am limited to accessing data from people that have provided it to me directly. 

Is there anyone at Strava that can be contacted for this sort of request?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ddrew thanks for reaching out! As you mentioned, you're only able to access data for athletes who have authenticated for your application. This is in order to protect athlete data & privacy. We do not provide athlete data for research or analysis. Honored you thought of Strava for your research.

Best of luck in your project and studies! 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Elliott
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ddrew thanks for reaching out! As you mentioned, you're only able to access data for athletes who have authenticated for your application. This is in order to protect athlete data & privacy. We do not provide athlete data for research or analysis. Honored you thought of Strava for your research.

Best of luck in your project and studies! 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings