cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5k Achievment Incorrect

LB1995
Mt. Kenya

Hi All,

I’m just wondering if anyone is able to help. Strava has logged my run at 22:52 however it says it’s my third best 5k at 24 minutes+ which makes no sense. I’ve never seen this before, and wondered if anyone else had?

thank you in advance 

954A7879-479B-436A-AE48-B4B263C32480.jpeg

56BA5EA4-5EA0-4711-BFEB-436614C88AC0.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anchskier
Denali

@LB1995 - Segment times and best efforts are generally calculated from elapsed time rather than moving time.  So, if you had a period where you were stopped, either at the start, end or somewhere in the middle of the activity, the elapsed time will be longer than the moving time which will result in the kind of thing you are seeing.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

anchskier
Denali

@LB1995 - Segment times and best efforts are generally calculated from elapsed time rather than moving time.  So, if you had a period where you were stopped, either at the start, end or somewhere in the middle of the activity, the elapsed time will be longer than the moving time which will result in the kind of thing you are seeing.  

mercerkg
Pico de Orizaba

I suspect this is explained by the concept of “moving time”. 
Your run was exactly 5k and I expect the time from start to end of the activity was 24:40.

However, Strava also calculates the time you were actually moving; this excludes time “standing still” (I don’t know if this is zero speed or below a certain speed).

If you ran all the way, you might find that the stationary bit is at the start of the activity (if this was a race you might have started recording, then stood for 2 mins before actually being able to move). If this is the case “cropping” the bit of the activity you were stationary should (I think!) give you the correct (and better) 5k time. BE CAREFUL, CROPPING CAN’T BE UNDONE UNLESS YOU’VE  GOT A BACKUP .GPX!!! If you crop too much it will be less than 5k!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings