cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Adding a waypoint across a fjord

martinholstberg
Mt. Kenya

Hi everybody

I'm planing a route that takes me across a small fjord with a ferry. Is it possible to add a new waypoint on the other side of the fjord? When I do it now, the route is just backtracking making it twice as long:) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @martinholstberg 

Thank you for posting. Strava routes generally do not create routes using ferries. Have you tried using manual mode?

Enable Manual mode to add a waypoint anywhere on the map. There are a few things to be aware of when using this mode:

• Manual mode will no longer ensure your route's path follows roads or trails.
  • Popularity and elevation selectors will be disabled.
  • Distance and elevation can only be roughly estimated for manual edits.

More information here

I would encourage you to check out this existing feature suggestion over on our Ideas Board:

Include Ferries as an routing option when using Strava Routes

We would welcome your vote and any comments you would like to add. Thanks again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @martinholstberg 

Thank you for posting. Strava routes generally do not create routes using ferries. Have you tried using manual mode?

Enable Manual mode to add a waypoint anywhere on the map. There are a few things to be aware of when using this mode:

• Manual mode will no longer ensure your route's path follows roads or trails.
  • Popularity and elevation selectors will be disabled.
  • Distance and elevation can only be roughly estimated for manual edits.

More information here

I would encourage you to check out this existing feature suggestion over on our Ideas Board:

Include Ferries as an routing option when using Strava Routes

We would welcome your vote and any comments you would like to add. Thanks again.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings