cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Excluded Efforst and inconsistency

GenoV
Mt. Kenya

Hi those interested and knowing.

I've only recently realised that "auto excluded efforts" is a thing since around March 2022. I thought it was bad gps data when some of my efforts went missing but retrospectively many were auto axed.

Today I did a really hard effort following another bro going downhill and almost broke my PR for a short downhill segment, also a record I've been trying to beat every chance i get and consistently hitting the same times.

There are others who went the same speed on the day but as far as i can see they don't have estimated watts whereas mine is estimated at 1200W max, i don't have a powermeter and obviously sitting behind a rider makes going faster easier so i question this metric and how strava calculations got there. I use a Garmin products, Edge 130, cadence and wheelspeed sensors.

I'd like to know on what basis and which rules these excluded efforts are calculated?!

The segment has an obviously broken first place and the next 5 spots are all 90km at 30s, so my effort of 80km at 34s isn't near the pace of some of the top riders. My own PR is 81km at 33s. These valid efforts are mostly all within the last year, and most even have estimated watts that are wildly inaccurate.

What makes this really frustrating is that it's automatic and there's no appealing the action.

And that was not the only effort on this day, 13 excluded efforts in one ride, which I'm assuming is mainly down to this one section being invalid.

I use strava because I love the segments, leaders, PRs, KOMs, but it feels like a lottery if efforts will even count.

I am seriously considering cancelling my subscription over this, really disappointing and disheartening to have efforts so easily removed while others' pass.

https://www.strava.com/segments/1042926

All time for the segmentAll time for the segment

Excluded for the segmentExcluded for the segment

Excluded in one rideExcluded in one ride

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @GenoV 

Thanks for posting about this.  If you feel your valid efforts were excluded in error, our Support Team is happy to take a closer look at this for you.  

Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @GenoV 

Thanks for posting about this.  If you feel your valid efforts were excluded in error, our Support Team is happy to take a closer look at this for you.  

Please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thanks Jane.
Every time I do this segment with effort it's getting automatically excluded, I've read the faq which says it's incontestable but I'll send a support query to see...

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings