cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned not showing on Strava

Jooster79
Mt. Kenya

My last 2 walks are not showing the calories burned, yet prior to those that has always shown on my activity feed. I’m not using a different device so I’m confused as to what’s happening?

My other activities: indoor and outside cycling are showing calories.

Has anyone else experienced the same and if so how did you rectify it? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Jooster79 

Thanks for posting about this.  The first thing I would recommend is you check to make sure you have entered your weight on your Strava profile.  We require this to calculate calories, and it's a common reason why calories may be missing from an activity.

It is possible to get calories on an activity, if you're using an upload partner that calculates them and provides them in the file they sync to your Strava account.  For full details please review this article.

Please let us know if this information helps and thanks again for posting the Community Hub.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MNBikerLD
Mt. Kenya

Hi, Jane!

I am curious if there is a calorie calculation for XC Skiing?  I use the Strava App on my Apple Watch to record my skis, and it seems calories are not being recorded/calculated.  I have my weight in my profile and have had there for each of my recent skis.

Thanks!

LD

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Jooster79 

Thanks for posting about this.  The first thing I would recommend is you check to make sure you have entered your weight on your Strava profile.  We require this to calculate calories, and it's a common reason why calories may be missing from an activity.

It is possible to get calories on an activity, if you're using an upload partner that calculates them and provides them in the file they sync to your Strava account.  For full details please review this article.

Please let us know if this information helps and thanks again for posting the Community Hub.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi Jane,
It their a way to show burnt calories for running too? 
for workouts i do have the cals but not for my runs, i'm using SAMSUNG SMART WATCH 4 that synsc its strava app info.
Thanks in advance, B