cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Strava track treadmill or gym stationary bike activities?

mindeasyy
Shkhara

I am currently doing my workouts in a properly air-conditioned gym to avoid excessive sweating, which can be harmful to my head since I underwent a hair transplant last week. I must track my workout and other activities as I need to monitor my daily energy and calories burned. However, I am working out in a static location where my GPS location remains the same. Can you suggest a suitable mode for tracking my activities in Strava?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @mindeasyy,
Thanks for your post. You can record indoor activities directly within the Strava mobile application. Below are some highlights and important details to know about Indoor Activity recording on the Strava mobile application:

• Instead of seeing “distance and speed”, You can now see elapsed time, starting time, and your heart rate (if a heart rate monitor is attached). Compatible activity types include Crossfit, elliptical, stair stepper, weight training, yoga, workout at this time.

• We do not currently support indoor run / indoor cycle (where you would have to provide “distance”). Or you’re expecting to get distance from pedometers or have connections to other Bluetooth sensors that we currently don’t support. However, you can record indoor runs with the Strava Apple Watch App using your watch’s pedometer to measure distance.

• When activities are uploaded, they will show time, heart rate (if available) and calories (if available).

For additional information about recording activities Indoors, check out our help page here.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

mindeasyy
Shkhara

Thank you for paying attention to my questions. Your instructions mean a lot, and they are very helpful. I love the Strava app and have been using it for the last 4-to 5 months, but as I told you, I have had my Hair Transplant so far. I have asked this question now as I have learned all about using it during indoor activity. I'm closing the conversation
once again, Thank you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mindeasyy
Shkhara

Thank you for paying attention to my questions. Your instructions mean a lot, and they are very helpful. I love the Strava app and have been using it for the last 4-to 5 months, but as I told you, I have had my Hair Transplant so far. I have asked this question now as I have learned all about using it during indoor activity. I'm closing the conversation
once again, Thank you !

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi @mindeasyy,
Thanks for your post. You can record indoor activities directly within the Strava mobile application. Below are some highlights and important details to know about Indoor Activity recording on the Strava mobile application:

• Instead of seeing “distance and speed”, You can now see elapsed time, starting time, and your heart rate (if a heart rate monitor is attached). Compatible activity types include Crossfit, elliptical, stair stepper, weight training, yoga, workout at this time.

• We do not currently support indoor run / indoor cycle (where you would have to provide “distance”). Or you’re expecting to get distance from pedometers or have connections to other Bluetooth sensors that we currently don’t support. However, you can record indoor runs with the Strava Apple Watch App using your watch’s pedometer to measure distance.

• When activities are uploaded, they will show time, heart rate (if available) and calories (if available).

For additional information about recording activities Indoors, check out our help page here.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team