cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning my dashboard

ulfhjensen
Shkhara

Dear Strava (and users),

I am getting increasingly annoyed by the many irrelevant postings I experience in my Dashboard between activities. How do I get rid of or disable these?

To explain: My Dashboard is my goto page when opening Strava. Normally, I will have my latest activity at the top but below that I have to scroll, scroll and scroll to get to my next activity, past a great number of posts on Gravel, How to get in shape, Tour de France and what-have-you-not... This is deeply irritating as I check in to analyse and compare activities, not to get in shape or because I don't know who won what race.

I could accept my Dashboard being contaminated if my "Activity Feed" was clean as I could then just go to that page. But this page shows exactly the same as my Dashboard - so what is the meaning of having an explicit activity page if it is also contaminated?

At the very least a "Show"/"Do not show" button would be nice.

I recognise that my clubs "need" to push ads and weird stuff, I signed up for that, but why can't I have 1 page showing me my activities in a long list without any noisy pushed messages in between?

I am a full paying member and this - from my point of view - would entitle me to a clean page of activities. Recording my activities, aggregating and reviewing them from my different apps is why I pay and stay at Strava.

Am I using Strava wrong?

Best, Ulf

3 REPLIES 3

ulfhjensen
Shkhara

Thanks stobinaator,

I agree on the Dashboard beiing the place of "messages".

When I select [Activity Feed] from the Dashboard drop-down, I get the same view: I just checked now; from my activity yesterday to my next to recent activity, the space is taken by The Strava Club, GCN, Kinomap, The Strava Club,The Strava Club, respectively before I get to my next torecent activity. That is 5 inputs, I don't need in my activities feed as they are identical in my Dashboard.

When I go for the [My Activities] in the [Training] drop down, I get a list of my activities without clutter, allright. But I really like the other view with the small map etc. instead of the "boring" list.

I have searched Strava and profile settings for ways to disable these but found no solution so far.

I think you are talking about the Web version and not the mobile one (I was talking about the iOS version)! I can totally understand now what do you mean. Another suggestion would be to check your activities through your Profile (Your Photo on the top right and then My Profile), there you have the ability to check your activities based on each week. Hope that this helps

stobinaator
Shkhara

Hey, I have also experienced some photo or video posts on my Home page to come multiple times and also days later again, which gets annoying at some point. I don't understand your point in Home (Dashboard) and Activity Feed (Your -> Activities) being the same thing and showing the same stuff. Home is mainly to see other peoples' activities and the other one is for yours only. If you have somehow configured to see only your activities in the Dashboard it makes sense that you get the "ads", because this is the place for Strava to bombard you with this stuff, but your Activity Feed should be only consisting of your stuff.